Senior Sales Assistant – Rosyth
|Location||Rosyth, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||22 May 2023|
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as a Senior Sales Assistant on a 24 hour contract in the Rosyth area!
What You’ll Do
Your main role will be to offer additional support to the manager, as part of the management team, in all aspects of operations of your shop and everything that this entails:
- Assisting management in leading by example and encouraging the team to achieve sales targets whilst providing the customer with a great shopping experience every time so they will keep coming back!
- Our Senior Sales Assistants like to muck in, when they’re not completing paperwork or cooking, they’re jumping on the till and helping their team with the lunch-time rush or grabbing a brush and sweeping the floor whilst delegating tasks amongst the team
- Morning, afternoon and late afternoon shifts are shared amongst management and our Senior Sales Assistants can lead their own shifts. Our morning shifts mean setting up our display cabinets, putting away deliveries, counting stock and preparing salad whilst our late afternoon shifts include cleaning, sweeping and counting stock.
- Complete compliance tasks to ensure that the shop is running diligently
- Our Senior Sales Assistants handle the cash when on shift and order the shop’s stock to ensure optimum availability
What You’ll Need
Nothing! Although previous management experience is preferred, as long as you have the right attitude and work ethic - full training will be provided!
- A team player? We believe that teamwork makes the dreamwork and is essential to ensure the smooth operations within our shops
- Someone that loves the hustle and bustle of a busy shop?
- Someone who can use their initiative and overcome challenges?
- A people-person?
- Someone who can lead a team?
- Someone that can offer consistently great customer service?
- Someone who is organised and can prioritise workloads?
- Someone who is confident in delegating tasks and receiving feedback?
- Ready to progress to the next stage of your career?
Does all of this sound like you? If so, we want you to join our Stephens team!
What You’ll Receive
We love our people as much as we love our bridies (which is a lot!). So to thank them for all of their hard work, we offer an attractive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary: £11.02 per hour
- Lunch is on us! We offer free products to our teams on shift
- Length of service presents
- Christmas presents
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Popping in for a bite on your day off? You’ll get 20% off our products across all of our shops
- Discounts at over 1,000 high street and online retailers
- Career development your sort of thing? We love to develop our teams to be the best versions of themselves which is why we like to offer job opportunities to our existing team.
Stephens Bakery is a family-run bakery that is almost 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru. When we’re not creating new ways to serve our amazing customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.
The Next Steps
Like what you hear? Apply below and if your application is successful, you will be contacted for a casual telephone interview. The next step would be an in-person interview and finally, a paid work trial.
On average, the hiring process takes around 2 weeks however, this is flexible to accommodate for notice periods.