|Location||Dunfermline, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17 November 2023|
Bakery Production Jobs
As a Nightshift Bakery Assistant, you will assist in the production of our award-winning products to the highest standards of food safety, output, quality, hygiene and health & safety.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working safely at all times in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation.
- Storing, weighing, feeding, mixing/blending, filling, tinning and baking food products.
- Packing and inspecting products to ensure legal compliance.
- Carrying out cleaning duties in the Bakery and packaging area ensuring a high standard of hygiene/sanitation.
- Operating in multiple production departments within the Bakery.
- Previous experience within a Bakery environment would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided. Shift working is requisite for this role.
- The successful candidate will be interested in very physical, fast paced work.
- The successful candidate must be flexible in accommodating a 'work to finish' process.
- Please note, we require candidates to be 18 or over for our nightshift positions
Hours: 39 Hours, 5 Days over 7 (Monday to Sunday inclusive)
Start times: depending on rota: 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm or 10pm
Overtime: Overtime worked above 39 hours within 7 consecutive days (Monday to Sunday) is payable at time and a half.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Salary: £12.01 (increasing to £12.54 per hour after successful completion of a 13 week probationary period)
- Pay bands: Opportunities for increased pay as skill develops - Nightshift Bakers earn £13.06 per hour and Nightshift Premium Bakers earn £13.38 per hour!
- Onsite parking
- Free products on shift
- Presents for our team at special moments (Christmas, Length of Service & Weddings)
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Discount in our shops
- Free Counselling for mental health, money, legal or work matters
- After successful completion of a probationary period, discounts at over 1000 high street and online retailers including gym memberships and cinema tickets.
Stephens Bakery is a 4th generation family business that is 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru. We now have 14 retail shops (soon to be 15) and convenience partnerships with Coop, Scotmid, Morrisons and Independent retailers.
When we’re not creating new ways to serve our customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.