|Location||Dunfermline, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||2 November 2023|
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced full-time HR Manager to join our family-run bakery.
As the HR Manager, you will play a crucial role in fostering a positive and productive work environment for our 240 employees across our bakery, shops, and business support functions.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing HR policies, practices, and initiatives that align with our business objectives & values and promote a culture of excellence.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, and procedures to support the bakery's goals and ensure compliance with labour laws and regulations
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process, including sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, and managing onboarding procedures
- Coordinate performance management activities, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and employee development plans
- Provide guidance and support to supervisors and managers on employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and grievance handling
- Manage compensation and benefits programs, ensuring competitive offerings and cost-effectiveness
- Monitor and analyse HR metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement, and provide recommendations to enhance employee engagement and productivity.
- Develop and deliver training programs to enhance employee skills and knowledge
- Maintain accurate HR records and ensure compliance with data protection regulations.
- Stay updated on HR best practices and legal requirements, proactively recommending improvements to HR processes and policies
What You’ll Need
- HR certification (e.g. CIPD) is preferred
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Proven work experience as an HR Manager or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations
- Strong understanding of performance management and employee relations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage HR programs and initiatives
- Exceptional organisational and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills with experience of MS Office Suite
Please note that the responsibilities and requirements outlined above are not exhaustive and may be subject to change based on business needs.
What You’ll Receive
We love our people as much as we love our bridies (which is a lot!). So to thank them for all of their hard work, we offer an attractive benefits package:
- Competitive salary starting from £35k (dependent on experience)
- Lunch is on us! We offer free products to our teams on shift
- Presents for our team at special moments (Christmas, Length of Service & Weddings)
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Popping in for a bite on your day off? You’ll get 20% off our products across all of our shops
- Free Counselling for mental health, money, legal or work matters
- Discounts at over 1,000 high street and online retailers such as Asda, Aldi, cinemas, holidays, etc.
Stephens Bakery is a 4th generation family business that is 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru. We now have 14 retail shops (soon to be 15) and convenience partnerships with Coop, Scotmid, Morrisons and Independent retailers.
When we’re not creating new ways to serve our customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.