|Location||Dunfermline, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||13 November 2023|
Bakery Production Jobs
As a Despatch Operative, you will assist in the fulfilment of orders of our award-winning products, ensuring the highest standards of food safety, output, quality, hygiene and health & safety.
Hours: 25 Hours, 5 Days over 7 (Sunday to Thursday)
Shift Times: 11pm to 4am
What You’ll Do
- Packing and picking savoury products and bread rolls
- Inspecting products to ensure high quality and legal compliance.
- Reading order lists and counting products.
- Carrying out cleaning duties in the Bakery and packaging area ensuring a high standard of hygiene/sanitation.
- Placing and stacking completed products in the correct area for delivery drivers.
What You’ll Need
Previous experience within a Bakery environment would be advantageous but is not essential as full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will have good basic numeracy skills, good attention to detail, good at following instructions and be good at working under pressure to tight deadlines.
This position will be required to work overtime on a rotational basis.
What You’ll Receive
- Pay: £12.01 per hour, increasing to £12.54 after successful completion of a 13-week probationary period
- Overtime: Hours worked above 39 hours within a 7 day working week (Monday to Sunday) are payable at time and a half.
- Free tea/instant coffee available from our shops whilst on shift
- On-Site Parking
- Presents for our team at special moments (Christmas, Length of Service & Weddings)
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Popping in for a bite on your day off? You’ll get 20% off our products across all of our shops
- Free Counselling for mental health, money, legal or work matters
- Discounts at over 1,000 high street and online retailers such as Asda, Aldi, cinemas, holidays, etc.
Stephens Bakery is a 4th generation family business that is 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru. We now have 14 retail shops (soon to be 15) and convenience partnerships with Coop, Scotmid, Morrisons Daily and Independent retailers.
When we’re not creating new ways to serve our customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.