|Dunfermline, United Kingdom
|23 February 2024
Joining our team as a Delivery Driver, you will load and deliver our award-winning products to our branches and franchise customers throughout Fife, the Lothians, Perth & surrounding areas.
Hours: 35 Hours, 5 days over 7 (Monday to Sunday inclusive)
Shift times: 2am-9am or 3am-10am (monthly rotation)
What You’ll Do
- Laying out cake boards at the start of your shift
- Loading your van
- Vehicle safety checks
- Delivering on time and to agreed quality standards
- Collection of waste products and empty boards
- Emptying and cleaning your van
- Supporting despatch and production before loading vans and after the van runs are complete
What You’ll Need
- Previous van handling is essential.
- Experience in multi drop deliveries is highly advantageous.
What You’ll Receive
- Pay: £12.15 per hour. Example total gross pay (before-tax): Weekly - £425.25, Monthly - £1,701, Annual - £22,113
- Permanent contract after successful completion of a probationary period
- Hours per week: 35 hour contracts available with the opportunity to pick up overtime readily available.
- Pay bands: Opportunities to earn extra as drivers take on additional responsibilities and learn more routes, with an earning potential of up to £12.55 per hour
- Overtime: Overtime shifts on the 6th day are paid at 1.5x basic rate, overtime shifts on the 7th day are paid at 2x basic rate
- Free tea/instant coffee available from our shops whilst on shift
- On-Site Parking
- Presents for our team at special moments (Christmas, Length of Service & Weddings)
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Popping in for a bite on your day off? You’ll get 20% off our products across all of our shops
- Free Counselling for mental health, money, legal or work matters
- Discounts at over 1,000 high street and online retailers such as Asda, Aldi, cinemas, holidays, etc.
Stephens Bakery is a 4th generation family business that is 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru. We now have 14 retail shops (soon to be 15) and convenience partnerships with Coop, Scotmid, Morrisons Daily and Independent retailers.
When we’re not creating new ways to serve our customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.