|Dunfermline, United Kingdom
|16 February 2024
Bakery Production Jobs
As a bakery production assistant, you will assist in the production of our award-winning products to the highest standards of food safety, output, quality, hygiene and health & safety.
Hours: 39 Hours, 5 Days over 7 (Monday to Sunday inclusive)
Shift Times: 6.00am to 2.30pm
What You'll Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bread Roll Production
- Pastry Production
- Chaffing Dough
- Cleaning Tins.
- Working safely at all times in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation.
- Packing and quality inspecting of products.
What You'll Need
- Previous experience within a Bakery environment would be advantageous.
- Previous manufacturing experience would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate will be interested in very physical, fast paced work.
- The successful candidate must be flexible in accommodating a 'work to finish' process.
What You'll Receive
We love our people as much as we love our bridies (which is a lot!). So to thank them for all of their hard work, we offer an attractive benefits package:
- Pay: £10.45 per hour (increasing to £10.65 per hour after successfully completing probationary period)
- Pay Bands: Opportunities for increased pay as skill develops - Bakers earn £10.90 per hour and Premium Bakers earn £11.15 per hour!
- Overtime: Overtime worked above contracted 39 hours within the Monday - Sunday 7 day period is payable at time and a half, £14.29
- Lunch is on us! We offer free products to our teams on shift
- On-Site Parking
- Presents for our team at special moments (Christmas, Length of Service & Weddings)
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Popping in for a bite on your day off? You’ll get 20% off our products across all of our shops
- Free Counselling for mental health, money, legal or work matters
- Discounts at over 1,000 high street and online retailers such as Asda, Aldi, cinemas, holidays, etc.
- Career development your sort of thing? We love to develop our teams to be the best versions of themselves which is why we like to offer job opportunities to our existing team.
Stephens Bakery is a family-run bakery that is 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru.
When we’re not creating new ways to serve our customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.