|Stirling, United Kingdom
|1 September 2023
**£300 Joining Bonus!** (T&Cs apply)
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as an Assistant Manager on a 30 hour contract, 5 days over 7, in the Stirling area!
What You’ll Do
Your main role will be to support the manager in all aspects of operations of your shop and everything that this entails:
- Assisting the manager in leading by example and encouraging the team to achieve sales targets whilst providing the customer with a great shopping experience every time so they will keep coming back!
- Supporting the manager in monitoring and maximising performance of the team
- All of our management like to muck in, when they’re not completing paperwork or cooking, they’re jumping on the till and helping their team with the lunch-time rush or grabbing a brush and sweeping the floor whilst delegating tasks amongst the team
- Morning, afternoon and late afternoon shifts are shared amongst management. Our morning shifts mean setting up our display cabinets, putting away deliveries, counting stock and preparing salad whilst our late afternoon shifts include cleaning, sweeping and counting stock.
- Complete compliance tasks to ensure that the shop is running diligently
- Our management handles the cash everyday and orders the shop’s stock to ensure optimum availability
What You’ll Need
Nothing! Although previous management experience is preferred, as long as you have the right attitude and work ethic - full training will be provided!
- A team player? We believe that teamwork makes the dreamwork and is essential to ensure the smooth operations within our shops
- Someone that loves the hustle and bustle of a busy shop?
- Someone who can use their initiative and overcome challenges?
- A people-person?
- Someone who can lead a team?
- Someone that can offer consistently great customer service?
- Someone who is organised and can prioritise workloads?
- Someone who is confident in delegating tasks and receiving feedback?
- Ready to progress to the next stage in your career?
Does all of this sound like you? If so, we want you to join our Stephens team!
What You’ll Receive
We love our people as much as we love our bridies (which is a lot!). So to thank them for all of their hard work, we offer an attractive benefits package:
- Joining Bonus of £300! (T&Cs apply)
- Competitive Salary: £11.97 - £12.57 per hour (Gross earnings of £18.6k - £19.6k)
- Bonus scheme with potential earnings of £900
- Lunch is on us! We offer free products to our teams on shift
- Presents for our team at special moments (Christmas, Length of Service & Weddings)
- Know someone great? Our staff referral scheme offers the potential to earn £150 each!
- Popping in for a bite on your day off? You’ll get 20% off our products across all of our shops
- Free Counselling for mental health, money, legal or work matters
- Discounts at over 1,000 high street and online retailers such as Asda, Aldi, cinemas, holidays, etc.
- Career development your sort of thing? We love to develop our teams to be the best versions of themselves which is why we like to offer job opportunities to our existing team.
Stephens Bakery is a 4th generation family business that is 150 years in the baking but don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re stuck in the past! We are a company that has never shied away from innovation - we were the first bakery to partner with convenience stores, the first to mobilise a bakery Jiffy Van and the first to open a stand-alone bakery drive-thru. We now have 14 retail shops (soon to be 15) and convenience partnerships with Coop, Scotmid, Morrisons and Independent retailers.
When we’re not creating new ways to serve our customers, we’re staying true to our craft by using traditional baking methods and sourcing the finest local ingredients. With us, the proof is in the pudding, and this is why we won Scottish Craft Bakery of the Year, UK Craft Bakery Business of the Year in 2021 and we are home to Scotland’s favourite Morning Roll and Steak Bridie.
The Next Steps
Like what you hear? Apply below and if your application is successful, you will be contacted for a casual telephone interview. The next step would be an in-person interview and finally, a paid work trial.
On average, the hiring process takes around 2 weeks however, this is flexible to accommodate for notice periods.